What is happiness:-
Happiness is a mental or emotional state of well-being characterized by positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. A variety of biological, psychological, religious, and philosophical approaches have striven to define happiness and identify its sources.
Psychologist Martin Seligman provides the acronym PERMA to summarize Positive Psychology’s correlational findings: humans seem happiest when they have PERMA activities.
- P – Pleasure (tasty foods, warm baths, etc.),
- E – Engagement (or flow, the absorption of an enjoyed yet challenging activity),
- R – Relationships (social ties have turned out to be extremely reliable indicator of Happiness),
- M – Meaning (a perceived quest or belonging to something bigger),
- A – Accomplishments (having realized tangible goals).