DEFINITION OF FAITH: –
- Confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another’s ability.
- Belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact.
- Belief in GOD or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims.
- Belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty.
- A system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith.
- The obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith.
- The observance of this obligation; fidelity to one’s promise, oath, al- legiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles.
- Christian Theology. The trust in GOD and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures by which humans are justified or saved.