Modern medicine and Healthy Life: –
The skills of modern medicine are amazing. The miracles of healing performed by modern medicine are astounding. But the time has come when modern medicine must take a step forward. Doctors must find a way of treating the whole human being. Modern medicine takes care only of the body like a machine, which can be repaired when it goes out of order. Man is a composite being built of body, mind and soul. Each one of us is essentially a soul. If the soul is sick, do whatever you do to the body, it will keep on moving from one sickness to another. We need to treat the whole human being.
Doctors should teach the psychology of mind. Always be positive in your out- look upon life and expect the best. Plant beautiful thoughts in your mind. Control your anger, and animal appetites. Many doctors are drawing a correlation between an individual personality and the nature of his disease. Give and forgive and live a healthy life.
- The foundation of healthy body is a happy mind. Therefore let nothing agitate you or disturb your inner peace. Keep your upstairs (Brain) clean and your downstairs (Body) will be healthy.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Drink sufficient water.
- Take plenty of fresh air and sunshine.
- Laugh heartily. Laughter is at once a physical, mental and spiritual tonic.
- You must have sufficient sleep.
- You must have adequate exercise.
- You must have proper elimination (via bowels, kidneys, lungs and skin)
- Everyday you must spend some time in silence, Pray, Meditate, do your spiritual thinking.
- You must adopt a cheerful and positive attitude.
How can we overcome stress?
To overcome stress you need to understand what stress stands for:
- S – Smile – keep smiling
- T – Tolerance – grow in tolerance
- R – Relax – never be tensed
- E – Easy – Take it easy but not be lazy
- S – Service – keep serving
- S – Silence – practice silence and thereby turn to God
Note: – Opposite of “STRESSED”(unhappiness) is “DESSERTS”(happiness)
How can success be measured?
Success must not be measured in terms of money, power, prestige, influence, education, or standing in society. For a man may have all of these and yet his life may be full of misery, unhappiness, moral corruption, and ineffectiveness. Success should be measured by the yardstick of happiness, the ability to be happy and make others happy, the ability to be loved and to love, the ability to remain peaceful harmony with those around you, with your own self and with God’s cosmic laws.
Success has three dimensions. – 1. The first is LENGTH, which is concerned with man’s material needs, his hopes and aspirations, his desires and dreams. – 2. The second dimension is BREADTH, for the truly successful man should go beyond himself and reach outward to others. – 3. The third dimension is HEIGHT; he must go high and tap the hidden source of supply and wisdom, which we call GOD.